Here at Keep Food Legal, we're celebrating Thanksgiving in a very special way. We're holding our first annual Thanksgiveaway.
What's that? It's a Thanksgiving-time opportunity for new members who join Keep Food Legal to be eligible to become a proud owner of one of five cool, foodie-friendly items given to us by an anonymous donor.
Become a member of Keep Food Legal by donating at least $40 at our Donate and Join page any time on or before 11:59 p.m. EDT on Friday, November 23. Every person who becomes a new member during our Thanksgiveaway will be eligible to win one of five items given to Keep Food Legal by an anonymous foodie donor.
The items pictured at right are the five actual items that all new Keep Food Legal members who join during the next two days will have a chance to win. They are (clockwise from top left):
1) Le Creuset 6-3/4 quart oval enamel Dutch oven in Black Onyx Beautiful. New in box. Retired color (making this item particularly rare). The Bloomingdale's sticker on the Le Creuset box indicates the item's retail value is $390.
2) 60-Minute Gourmet Recipe Cards by New York Times food columnist Pierre Franey This rare, fascinating 1982 collection of recipe cards by the late chef and New York Times food columnist Pierre Franey contains such period favorites as "beef rolls stuffed with pork and pickles," "creamed mushrooms with dried beef," and "deep-fried ham balls with tomato sauce."
3) Anthony Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential This 2000 first-edition hardcover copy of Bourdain's classic work is in very good condition. Original dust jacket.
4) Anthony Bourdain's The Nasty Bits A fun collection. Very good condition. Original dust jacket.
5) Michael Pollan's In Defense of Food The 2008 book that popularized Pollan's mantra: "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." While we neither endorse nor refute that mantra, we do find the book an interesting and worthwhile read. Very good condition. Original dust jacket.
Remember, this special opportunity is for new Keep Food Legal members and is only available until 11:59 p.m. EDT on Friday, November 23. So act fast! We'll announce the five winners next week.
The Fine Print
Only five new members of Keep Food Legal (those persons who are not currently Keep Food Legal members and who donate at least $40 by the deadline) will win an item described above. One item per person. Employees and board members of Keep Food Legal and their families are not eligible. Keep Food Legal will choose five names at random from all those people who become new members of Keep Food Legal between now and 11:59 p.m. EST on Friday, Nov. 23, 2012. Names will be selected within 72 hours of the close of Thanksgiveaway. Keep Food Legal will then notify winners. Keep Food Legal will mail item #1 above to the first name selected, item #2 to the second name selected, and so on. Keep Food Legal pays all shipping costs and ships only to U.S. addresses. We reserve the right to cancel the Le Creuset portion of Thanksgiveaway in the event of insufficient participation (defined as fewer than twenty new members joining on or before 11:59 p.m. EDT on Friday, Nov. 23, 2012) and/or factors beyond our control.